Mooli Ki Sabzi recipe: The winter season has started. In such a situation, questions about food start coming into everyone’s mind. Radish is very beneficial for health, and it is easy to make. Here we will teach you how to make a good vegetable of radish. Here is the recipe for how to make vegetables of white radish instead of radish leaves.
It is wintertime, fresh radishes are available in the market. By the way, radish pickles and raita are also delicious.
How to make Mooli Ki Sabzi?
- First of all, Wash the radish properly. After this, peel the upper part of it a little because sometimes dirt gets stuck in it. With this, add radish leaves to this recipe. But keep in mind that they should also be clean
- Many people have the problem of itching in the throat due to radish leaves and if this is the case with you, then avoid them
- To marinate the radish, mix gram flour, turmeric powder and all the dry spices in a bowl with a spoonful of oil and keep it aside. This marination will be useful to give flavour to radish
- Now heat some oil in a nonstick pan and add mustard seeds. Avoid cumin in it as it spoils the flavour a bit
- When the mustard starts crackling, add asafoetida and radish and cook till it becomes slightly soft. If you are using radish leaves as well, add them only after the radish becomes a little soft
- Cover the radish with a lid to make it soft
- Now when it is cooked more than half, add the gram flour mixture to it and cover the pan and cook on low flame
- Don’t forget to stir it in between
- If you feel that it is too dry then you can sprinkle some water on top
Ingredients for Mooli Ki Sabzi
- 1/2 cup chopped radish
- 2 cups chopped radish leaves (optional)
- 1/2 cup gram flour (if using only radish, use less gram flour)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Oil as required
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 pinch asafoetida
- Salt according to taste
What is process?
- First of all, peel the radish and cut it into small pieces
- Make a batter by mixing gram flour, 1 teaspoon of oil and all the dry spices in a bowl
- Now heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds to it. When mustard seeds crackle, add asafoetida and radish
- After this add radish leaves and cook them till they become soft
- Now pour the gram flour mixture on top and mix it well
- Now cook it on low flame for 5 minutes
- Eat this sabzi with a warm family meal
Also read: Health Tips: Check out benefits of walnuts