GATE 2023 Exam: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) will start the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2023 next Saturday (February 4, 2023). The admit card for the exam has been released at gate.iitk.ac.in
Along with the admit card, IIT Kanpur also released several important instructions which all the candidates need to take care of during their examination.
GATE 2023: Exam Guidelines
On the day of the GATE exam, all candidates must bring the printout of the admit card along with original, valid photo ID proof. Candidates should ensure that the photo on the ID is recognisable (Valid Photo ID: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Driving License).
The admit card will be considered valid only if both the photograph and signature are clear. To ensure this, candidates must print the admit card on A 4-size paper using a laser printer.
GATE 2023: Important guidelines
Candidates must report at the examination venue at least 90 minutes before the commencement of the examination. They will not be allowed to log in after 30 minutes of the commencement of the exam. Candidates can log in 20 minutes before the start of the examination and start reading the instructions.
- During the exam, a virtual scientific calculator will be displayed on the computer screen for numerical calculations. Personal calculators or any other electronic devices are not allowed. Candidates are not allowed to bring any chart/ table/ paper/ books/ sheet/ heavy jewellery into the examination hall.
- A scribble pad will be provided to each candidate for rough work. Before using it, candidates must write their name and registration number on it. Applicants can keep only one scribble pad at any point in time. If the scribble pad is full, they may request another, after returning the first one to the invigilator. At the end of the examination, the remaining scribble pad should also be returned to the invigilator.
- All the candidates have to bring their pen and pencil. Transparent water bottles and pocket-sized hand sanitizer are allowed. Candidates are not allowed to bring any other items other than these.
- If a candidate is found to have any prohibited item, his/her registration will be cancelled/banned from the examination and/or disciplinary action will be taken, which may also include a ban from appearing in future examinations.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
- The admit card can be used as a pass if movement is restricted in certain areas.
Read More :- Latest Education News