New Delhi: The third match of the T20 series between India and New Zealand is being played in Napier, New Zealand. Kiwi captain Tim Southee won the toss and decided to bat first. The Kiwis were all out for 160 runs in 19.4 overs. Devon Conway scored the highest innings of 59 runs while Glenn Phillips scored 54 runs.
Arshdeep Singh and Mohammad Siraj took maximum 4-4 wickets from Team India. New Zealand’s last 7 wickets fell for 14 runs.
New Zealand’s Fall of Wickets
- Arshdeep Singh gave the first blow to New Zealand. He dismissed Finn Allen LBW on the third ball of the second over. Allen faced 4 balls and got out after scoring 3 runs.
- Mohammad Siraj took the second wicket of the Kiwi team. He got Mark Chapman caught out by Arshdeep Singh after scoring 12 runs in 12 balls.
- Glenn Phillips played a brilliant inning for New Zealand. He faced 33 balls and scored 54 runs at a strike rate of 163. His wicket was taken by Mohammad Siraj.
- Devon Conway got out after scoring 59 runs in 49 balls. His wicket was taken by Arshdeep Singh.
- Mohammad Siraj took his third wicket in the form of James Neesham. At the same time, fourth wicket blow by dismissing Mitchell Santner for 1 run.
- In the 19th over of Arshdeep Singh, 3 batsmen were dismissed on three consecutive balls. First he sent Ish Sodhi and Daryl Mitchell to the pavilion. After this Mohammad Siraj knocked-off Adam Milne with a direct throw for a run out.
- In the last over, Harshal Patel bowled Tim Southee and gave the last success to the Indian team.
Playing XI of Team India
Ishan Kishan, Rishabh Pant (wicketkeeper), Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Hardik Pandya (captain), Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Siraj and Yuzvendra Chahal.
Playing XI of Team New Zealand
Finn Allen, Devon Conway (wk), Mark Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Adam Milne, Lockie Ferguson.