Tomato Upma Recipe: Upma is a good option for those who want to make a healthy and tasty breakfast in a hurry. Upma is a South Indian dish, which is tasty to eat. It is made in many ways like masala upma, semolina upma and mixed veg upma. But today, we are going to tell you the recipe for Tomato Upma, which is fun to eat and easy to make. So let’s know the easy recipe to make tomato upma.
Tomato Upma Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 cup rava
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp peas
- 2 beans chopped
- 3 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1-inch piece of ginger chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tbsp green coriander leaves
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp desi ghee
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
Also read:- Garlic Potato Sticks Recipe: Eat this snack with your favorite evening beverage, check benefits here
- To make tomato upma, first, wash the tomatoes and onions and chop them finely.
- Then wash and chop green chillies and green coriander leaves as well.
- After this, put rava in a pan and fry on low flame for about 4-5 minutes till it turns pink.
- After this, heat oil in another pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves and fry them.
- After this, add peanuts to it and fry till it becomes crispy.
- Then add finely chopped onion and cook till it turns light pink.
- After this, add chopped ginger and green chillies and fry them for about 1 minute.
- After that add finely chopped tomato and cook till it becomes soft.
- When the tomatoes melt, add peas and beans to them and cook well.
- Then you add turmeric, sugar and salt as per taste and cook for 1 minute.
- Now boil it by adding 3 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- Then put the roasted rava and reduce the flame of the gas while stirring.
- Cook it till all the water dries up.
- Now turn off the gas at this stage, because your tomato upma is ready.
- Now garnish it with coriander and serve it.