Tofu Spring Rolls: Absolutely tasty and simple to make, vegan tofu spring rolls are a must-try! Given that it involves so little cooking, the recipe is perfect for the forthcoming warmer months. Even the tofu we used was already cooked, so it is suitable for consumption right out of the package.
Pair these vegan Tofu Spring Rolls with Peanut dipping sauce. A delicious gluten-free meal in just 30 minutes! Shall we move on to the recipe, please?
Tofu Spring Rolls: Ingredients
- 1 cup cooked vermicelli
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1 small cucumber, julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 180 grams firm tofu – smoked or plain, pre-cooked
- 6 rice paper wrappers
Peanut dipping sauce
- 3 tbs smooth peanut butter
- 5 tbs water
- 3 tbs soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1 tbs agave syrup
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or finely diced
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ cup ground salted peanuts, for topping
- Chopped spring onion
Tofu Spring Rolls: Method
- Put the ingredients for the peanut dipping sauce in a basin or blender, and mix until smooth. Add more or less water depending on how thick you like your sauce to be.
- Vermicelli should be prepared as directed on the packaging. Vermicelli is cooked in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, then it is drained and quickly chilled in cold running water. Good drainage Use leftovers from stir-fries or other dishes, like spring roll bowls, by storing them in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the veggies by shredding the cabbage and julienne-cutting the bell pepper, carrot, and cucumber. Tofu should be sliced.
- Put the rolls together: Prepare rice paper as directed on the package. Ten seconds or so after dipping, place on a damp kitchen towel. Put a little of each on the bottom half of the paper: some vermicelli, some veggies, and two slices of tofu.
- Add chopped peanuts and spring onions as a garnish. Be careful not to stuff your turkey too much. The roll should then be wrapped by first folding the paper’s left and right sides over the filling, pressing them together, then rolling it out into a good, firm roll. Roll should be split in half, with the open side facing up, and placed on a platter. Continue until all of the rice paper has been used. Any extra veggies should be used in a salad after being stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serve the peanut dipping sauce alongside the spring rolls. The rolls can be kept in the refrigerator for a few hours in an airtight container.
Read More :- Latest Lifestyle News