Til Ki Chikki Recipe: There are some such things in winter, which are enjoyed only by eating with the whole family. The first name that comes to mind is peanuts. So on the second number it comes Til Chikki. Another reason for this is Makar Sankranti. On that day, we also gift things made of jaggery and sesame to our dear ones.
In India, chikki is known by various names: in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, it is called “leiya patti”, “lai or lai” in Sindh, and “palli patti” in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. You can easily buy a variety of chikki from the neighbourhood shop during winter as this food is very popular during that season. We have figured out how to make these delicious chikkis at home. Now you don’t need to go to the store to buy chikki.
A crunchy snack made with sesame seeds and sugar, this delicious winter snack is specially made during festivals like Lohri and Makar Sankranti. The taste of this crispy til chikki can be enjoyed for many months and can also be stored comfortably. So without any delay let’s know the recipe for this tasty snack.
Til Ki Chikki Recipe: Ingredients
- 200 grams til (white sesame)
- 500 g sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking (sweet)
- Soda-greased plate or baking tin (to set the chikki)
1. Dissolve sugar in water on low heat.
2. Once dissolved, increase the flame and cook till it comes to a boil.
3. Cook the sugar syrup in a cup of cold water till it becomes a hard lump.
4. Mix the syrup.
5. Mix in soda and pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
6. Leave to set in thin layers. Store and enjoy it whenever you want.
Also read:- Check out 7 important Vastu tips for factory
Read More :- Latest Lifestyle News