Sabudana Kheer: Fruit food is eaten during Navratri. In such a situation, we have very limited options which come in fruits. Falahar has buckwheat flour, water chestnut flour, sago, sama rice and potatoes and some other things. But sago is a fruit eaten in large quantities. Not only salty dish is made from sago, but sweet kheer is also made. Which is eaten with great interest as a fruit.
Actually, sago kheer is very easy to make and very nutritious too. Energy level is also high by eating it during Navratri fast. If you also want to increase your energy level during fasting, then definitely make and eat Sabudana Kheer. This is an easy recipe to make.
Sabudana Kheer: Ingredients
- Sabudana – 1/2 bowl
- Milk – 1/2 liter
- Condensed milk – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup (Jaggery can also be used)
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Cashew – 10
- Almond – 10
- Pistachios – 10
- Saffron – 1 pinch (optional)
Also Read:CHAITRA NAVRATRI 2023: MAKE AMARANTH CHIVDA TO EAT DURING FASTING, RECIPE HERE
- To make Sabudana Kheer, first wash the Sabudana thoroughly.
- And soak in water for about 15 minutes.
- Boil milk in a vessel till it boils.
- When it boils, add some water to it and boil it.
- Now finely chop cashews, almonds and pistachios.
- When the milk starts boiling, add chopped dry fruits to it.
- Now add cardamom powder to it, and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- When the milk is cooked well, put soaked sago in it and let it cook on low flame.
- Now after some time when the kheer starts boiling, add condensed milk to it.
- Now mix it well with the help of a ladle.
- The kheer has to be boiled until the sago is well puffed.
- Now add sugar as per taste to the kheer and mix.
- After cooking the kheer for 5 more minutes, mix saffron in it.
- Now turn off the gas, your Sabudana Kheer is ready.
- If you want to eat hot then serve it.
- If you want to eat it cold, then keep it in the fridge, and serve it when it cools down.
Also Read: Sabudana Halwa: Make this sweet dish on Navaratri, recipe here
Also Read – Latest Lifestyle News