Onion Kulcha Recipe: On hearing the name of Chole-Kulcha, water comes into the mouth. This is one such street food that you all must have eaten. Chole-Kulche is a Punjabi dish which is very tasty. Kulchas are made in many ways, but when it comes to Onion Kulchas, then the tongue starts drooling. It is a pleasure to eat onion kulchas with hot chickpeas. Although Onion Kulcha is available in the market, you can make it very easily at home too. So let’s know the recipe to make market style onion kulcha.
Onion Kulcha Recipe: Ingredients
- Flour – 1 bowl
- Onion finely chopped – 1/2 bowl
- Green chilli chopped – 2
- Green coriander chopped – 1/2 bowl
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/4 tsp
- Butter – as required
- Salt – as per taste
- To make Onion Kulcha, first finely chop the onion.
- Now put onion in a bowl and mix it by adding a little salt on top.
- Now, keep the onion aside for 3-4 minutes, so that all its water gets drained out.
- Now, after squeezing the onion water, keep the dry onion in another vessel.
- After this, mix cumin powder, red chilli, coriander, and all other spices well in the onion, and keep it aside for some time.
- Now knead the flour by adding flour and a pinch of salt in a vessel.
- Now make small balls from the flour dough, and press it to make it like a bowl.
- Then fill the onion stuffing in it, make it round again and flatten it, similarly fill the onion stuffing in all the balls.
- Now put a nonstick griddle on medium heat for heating.
- Take a dough ball with stuffing and roll it into a long kulcha.
- Now apply water on one side of the kulcha and roast it in the same way by putting it on the griddle.
- Roast the Onion Kulcha in the same way as you would Naan Roti.
- Your kulcha is ready, similarly, make all the onion kulchas.
- Now serve these onion kulchas with hot chickpeas.
Read More :- Latest Lifestyle News