New Delhi: Navigating through metro cities, especially when you are completely new can be a huge task. Speaking of which reminds me, when I was new to Delhi it became tad difficult for me to travel through the city.
Well, things are bit easy now- all thanks to the Internet. Now-a-days you can get solutions to every petty things just with a click. Here we bring you few life hacks from across the Internet that will definitely make you navigate the National capital like a PRO!
It all began with a four pointer thread by a Redditor, which kept on adding up. Take a look what these Redditors from Delhi shared.
- “Always negotiate with autowalas.” – shameless_infant
- “This is one life hack I swear by. You can’t always trust Google maps as well. They can be outdated and confusing. Local vendors and pan shop vale bhaiya can help a lot. Just ask them politely.” idontknowyaa
- “Go to jail road Subhash nagar for best food in west delhi.” oyegurmeet
“Local kirana shops usually have better grocery pricing as compared to online and they do deliver at home as well if you buy in bulk. You contribute to local economy and better connection with your local community.” DilliKaLadka
- “Learn 1-100 in Hindi. This helps a lot if you’re anywhere from any other part of the country. This knowledge will help you in all walks of life whether it be negotiating the labor charge for something you’re getting done or buying something from a store.” Jacobjef
- “Parts of Delhi, particularly central and South Delhi, are very walkable, and you can get around quite a bit by walking. You save quite some money, and it can be quite fun, especially if you have good company. Alternatively, you could also cycle. If this is something you’re up for, keep your backpack light, wear good shoes, and always carry a water bottle.” – emmessrinivas