Kadam Ka Achar Recipe: Have you ever tried ‘Kadam Ka Achar’, which is called the king of pickles? If not then you can learn the easy recipe for this pickle here. Kadam pickle is also known as Kashmiri Monj pickle. You do not need any special ingredients to make it. You can prepare a pickle with some spices and kadam fruits. Let us know the method of making kadam pickle.
Kadam Ka Achar Recipe: Ingredients
- Hot red pepper
- Fennel seeds 50 grams
- 50 grams coriander whole
- 2 to 3 pinch asafoetida
- Two spoons – turmeric
- Black mustard
- Fenugreek seeds
- Some hot spices
- Two spoons – Kashmiri red chilli
- Salt to taste
Kadak Pickle Recipe:
Wash the kadam fruit thoroughly. Now dry it in such a way that no water remains. If you want, you can dry the fruits of Kadam by putting them on paper or in a basket. After this, cut the fruit into four small pieces. Now keep it in the sun to dry. While it dries, prepare the pickle masala.
Kadak Pickle Masala Recipe:
- Heat a pan on the gas. Put whole coriander in it. Also, put some fennel from 50 grams in it. Now add hot spices as well and fry all these ingredients.
- Do not fry it too much, fry it only till it is hot and keep stirring it, so that the moisture inside the spices will be gone. In this way coriander, fennel and garam masala have been roasted and taken it out on a plate.
- After this, again put the pan on the gas and fry the fennel seeds and mustard seeds in it. Fry them while stirring. After this, put mustard seeds and kalonji on the same plate as coriander and fennel.
- Now add fennel and fenugreek seeds to the pan and fry them, but you do not have to put both of them on the same plate. Take it out in a separate plate or bowl. After this, you can grind the spices in the silbatte or if you want in the mixie. Now take roasted coriander, fennel and hot spices and grind them in a grinder.
- Put the dried kadam fruit in a large bowl. Add asafetida to it. After this add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, red hot chilli powder and ground spices.
- After this, add black mustard seeds too. Also, put fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds in it. Now add salt according to your taste in it. Mix all these well.
- After this, you have to heat oil around a bowl. After this, cool the oil and add it to the pickle and mix it well. If you want, you can also mix raw oil in it. If you want, you can add a little more oil as well.
- Mix everything well with the help of your hands. After this, add the juice of two lemons to the pickle and mix it well. In this way, Kadam’s pickle is ready. You can store it in any container.