Bajra Khichdi Recipe: Bajra Khichdi is so tasty to eat that many people get water in their mouths after hearing its name. As much as it is tasty to eat, it is equally beneficial for health. It is a pleasure to get hot bajra khichdi in the winter season. Bajra Khichdi is a traditional dish of Rajasthan, but people who like it are in every corner of the country.
This tasty khichdi is made not only in Rajasthan but also in Haryana and UP. Millet porridge with ghee increases the taste even more. If you also want to make and eat it, then we have come up with a method to make it for you.
Bajra Khichdi Recipe: Ingredients
- Rice – 1 cup
- Millet – 1/2 cup
- Moong/gram dal – 1/2 cup
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Green chilli chopped – 2
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- If you also want to make Rajasthani-style millet khichdi, then first wash and clean the millet.
- After this, soak it in water for 6 to 7 hours. Now take moong or gram dal and wash it and keep it soaked for half an hour.
- Wash the rice in the same way and soak them for half an hour.
- When all these become soft, put them all in the cooker, add four cups of water to it and add salt according to the test. Apply 4 whistles.
- Now take a nonstick pan/wok and heat it by adding ghee. When the ghee melts, put cumin seeds in it and then add asafoetida, green chillies and turmeric and fry on a medium flame for about a minute while stirring.
- When this masala is cooked, add boiled rice, millet and lentils to it and mix well.
- Now put a little desi ghee on top of it, that’s all, your tasty bajra khichdi is ready.
- Now serve it hot and enjoy it.