Saturday, 13 April, 2024
Trending TopicsIpl 2024Lok Sabha 2024

---Advertisement---

Tragic! 4 Children Burnt Alive After Phone Charger Sparks Fire In UP; Know How To Avoid Such Tragedies

The parents of the kids, Babita and Johnny, rushed into the room as soon as they witnessed the fire, to save their sleeping children, sustaining burn injuries in the process. Later, they lost their lives due to the injuries.

Edited By : Saurav Gupta | Updated: Mar 27, 2024 18:04 IST
Share :
4 Children Burnt Alive After Phone Charger Sparks Fire In UP

In a tragic incident, four children lost their lives following suffering from severe burns after a bed in their room caught fire due to a short-circuit caused by a mobile charger in Meerut, UP. The incident took place two week before but it came to light recently.

Their parents, Babita and Johnny, rushed into the room to save their sleeping children, sustaining burn injuries in the process. Babita is currently in critical condition at Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi, while Johnny is receiving treatment at a medical facility in Meerut, as confirmed by the police.

Also read: Kolkata Airport: IndiGo Aircraft Hits Air India Express Plane, Pic Surfaces

SP Ayush Vikram Singh stated, “The victims were immediately taken to LLRM Medical Hospital, where two of the children succumbed around 9:30 pm on March 23. The third child passed away early on Sunday (March 24) while being transferred to another medical center. Sarika, the mother, also passed away a few hours later. Johnny, who works as a daily wage laborer, is now recovering.

This incident is not an isolated case, as there have been similar fire-related accidents involving mobile phones in the past. However, adhering to basic safety precautions can help prevent such tragedies. Here are some tips:

  • Avoid purchasing cheap mobile chargers and opt for certified chargers from reputable companies. These chargers are equipped with safety features to prevent overheating.
  • Refrain from charging your phone on soft surfaces like beds or couches, as they can trap heat and lead to overheating. Instead, choose flat, hard surfaces like nightstands or desks.
  • Do not charge your phone in direct sunlight or hot environments, as extreme temperatures can damage electronics.
  • Regularly inspect your charger for any signs of damage, such as frayed wires or cracked plugs. If damaged, replace the charger immediately to avoid fire hazards.
  • Unplug your charger once your phone is fully charged to prevent unnecessary strain on the device.

Also read: iPhone 16 Series May Offer AI Feature, Fast Performance; Know More Details

  • Consider using multi-plugs with surge protection to safeguard your devices from sudden electricity spikes. Avoid overcrowding outlets, as this can overload circuits and pose a fire risk.
  • Monitor your phone’s battery while charging. If it becomes excessively hot, unplug the charger and allow the phone to cool down. Consider replacing the battery if it consistently overheats, especially in older phones.

By following these precautions, you can minimize the risk of fire accidents related to mobile phones and ensure the safety of your loved ones.

First published on: Mar 27, 2024 05:53 PM IST

Get Breaking News First and Latest Updates from India and around the world on News24. Follow News24 on Facebook, Twitter.

Related Story