New Delhi: After a sudden leakage of chlorine gas from a gas tank in Mother India Colony of Bhopal, there was a stir in the entire area. Due to the gas leak, people started feeling burning in the eyes and difficulty in breathing. Some people got dizzy and even fell.
People have been admitted to the hospital
Three people, including the woman, have been admitted to Bhopal’s Hamidia Hospital due to deteriorating health. Madhya Pradesh Medical Education Minister Vishwas Kailash Sarang said that the condition of the people admitted to the hospital is improving.
Gas leak led to burning of eyes, difficulty in breathing
There is a chlorine gas tank on Idgah Hills of Bhopal, in which suddenly the gas leak started due to high amount of chlorine. People living in the settlement started experiencing burning in the eyes and difficulty in breathing. Due to this people came out of their homes.
Several people were left coughing and gasping in panic after a gas leak from a water treatment plant in #Bhopal last evening.15 of them, including two children, had to be taken to the hospital their condition is stable now. #madhyapradesh pic.twitter.com/wv0nMWtaKm
— Siraj Noorani (@sirajnoorani) October 27, 2022
The incident happened when chlorine was being mixed with water. But due to the leakage in the cylinder, the gas started leaking. After this the cylinder was put in the water. From where the cylinder was inserted, the water goes into the drain. When this water reached the nearby Mother India Colony, people started having problems with the water. His eyes started burning, coughing. People got scared by this.
On getting information about the matter, the administration swung into action and handled the situation. The administration tried to defuse the leaking cylinder. But by then the gas of a cylinder of capacity of 800 liters had dissolved in water.