CAT exam 2022: The CAT 2022 entrance exam will be taken by about 2 lakh MBA applicants who want to fulfil their ambition of being accepted into prestigious MBA programmes. Working professionals, students, and repeat CAT test takers are among those who take the exam. Acing the CAT 2022 entrance exam is not difficult if one has the right preparation method and avoids several blunders that CAT candidates frequently make.
On November 27, CAT 2022 entrance exams will be administered in 151 test locations across the nation. Candidates who have not yet received calls from desired MBA colleges can retake the CAT entrance exam and look over their answers for errors to pass the IIM CAT 2022 entrance exam.
CAT exam 2022: Avoid these 5 mistakes to succeed in IIM CAT
- One of the most typical errors CAT test participants make during preparation is not finishing the fundamentals. Candidates will stop working on the CAT entrance exam questions if they don’t comprehend the fundamentals. Candidates cannot answer the questions, even if they are familiar with the CAT question-answering process, without first having a firm grasp of the fundamentals.
- Not taking and evaluating CAT mock tests is a very important step in preparing for the CAT exam. Candidates will learn about the format of the real test by taking the CAT mock; they will also learn about their strengths and shortcomings. In addition to taking mock exams, it’s critical to evaluate the CAT mock test results rather than ignoring them. Candidates can quickly determine which area of their CAT preparation needs more work by analysing the CAT 2022 mock test.
- Neglecting the CAT question bank from the previous year. The CAT question bank from the previous year is one of the most crucial practice tools. Candidates will gain an understanding of the level of complexity and variety of questions in the CAT exam by attempting CAT papers. Attempting CAT previous year papers in the final 10 days of preparation will significantly improve candidates’ preparation.
- The majority of candidates err by devoting too much time to the simple or their favourite sections during the CAT entrance exam preparation, failing to maintain the time balance of covering all the sections. This error reduces candidates’ chances of scoring a respectable percentile on the CAT. Therefore, one should plan their time according to the exam’s level of difficulty.
- Lack of revision: Regular revision is essential for CAT preparation and is often lacking. The majority of candidates revise for the CAT after their training. In reality, this is not the best method for passing the CAT entrance exam. After finishing each topic, applicants must complete the conceptual revision; this will aid with their memory of the topics.
Other information about the exam
The CAT admission card for 2022 can be downloaded from the IIM CAT website — iimcat.ac.in — by providing the necessary login information, including the user ID and password, registered candidates can download their IIM CAT hall ticket. A printed copy of the CAT admits card must be carried on the day of the test.