Aadhar-PAN card linking: As new year has approached everyone is getting busy in their daily routine but it is final alert for those who still has not linked their PAN card to Aadhar card. Government has made mandatory to link PAN card to the Aadhar card. If the cardholder does not link the Permanent Account Number (PAN) to the Aadhaar card, the card will become inactive after March 2023. According to Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the PAN card which is not linked to Aadhar Card will be inactive after March 2023. Still people have more than two months to avoid the problems due to nonlinking of cards. If the linking is not done you have to pay hefty fine of Rs 10,000.
Aadhar-PAN card linking: Linking these personal identity cards will allow individual taxpayers with a valid PAN and Aadhaar number to file their income tax returns. The most important document for all forms of financial operations is the PAN card, or Permanent Account Number. It has a 10-digit alphanumeric PAN number attached. Without its utilisation, no financial transaction may be completed.
Another crucial document is the PAN Card, which aids the Income-tax Authority in keeping track of all financial transactions that may be necessary in determining an individual’s or a company’s tax responsibility and lessens the likelihood of tax evasion.
Aadhar-PAN card linking: PAN card will be inactive if you don’t link it to Aadhaar before this date.
The last day for linking PAN with Aadhaar for all PAN holders who do not fall under the exempt category is 31.3.2023, failing which the unlinked PAN shall become inoperative, according to a recent Tweet from the Income Tax Department.
The Income Tax Department has additionally urged PAN holders who qualify for an exemption under Notification No. 37/2017, dated May 11, 2017, but have not yet linked their Aadhaar with their PAN, to do so right away.
According to the Income Tax Department’s website, “CBDT has extended the deadline for linking Aadhaar with the PAN from March 31, 2022, to March 31, 2023. Aadhaar and PAN can be linked till March 31, 2023. You must pay a cost of Rs. 500 up until June 30, 2022, and Rs. 1000 from July 1, 2022.
Take a few quick steps to link your PAN card and Aadhaar card:
- Find the 2.0 version of the new e-filing portal.
- Next, select the “Our Services” tab.
- Choose the “Link Aadhaar” radio button.
- Complete the new page with all of your information.
- Complete the fields for your PAN number, Aadhaar number, Aadhaar name, and mobile number.
- Now check the box next to “I accept to have my Aadhaar data verified.”
- the 6-digit OTP that you received on your registered cellphone number, please enter it.
- Type in the OTP and select “Validate”
- A pop-up notification stating that your link PAN with the Aadhaar request has been filed appears after clicking.
- SMS-based PAN-Aadhaar linkage
- On your phone, you must enter UIDPAN. Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number after that. then key in the PAN’s 10 digits. Next, send the message.
Read More :- Latest Business News