Blast in Afghanistan: Six people were killed and many others were injured in a blast near the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan. The Islamic State terrorist organization has claimed responsibility for the attack. The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for Monday’s suicide attack in Afghanistan’s capital Kabul on its Telegram account, news agency Reuters reported.
The report said police said the attack occurred near a security checkpoint leading to the Foreign Ministry. The UN mission, following reports of the attack, condemned the continued targeting of civilian Afghans by terrorist organisations.
The United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) said in a tweet that several people have been reported killed in today’s attack in Kabul. A child is also said to be among the dead. UNAMA stated that it is unacceptable that ordinary Afghans continue to be targeted in the course of their daily lives.
Read More :-CHINA SKIPS G20 MEETING IN ARUNACHAL PRADESH
Second attack near Ministry of External Affairs in three months
This is the second incident of attack near the Foreign Ministry in Kabul in three months. Earlier in January, at least five people were killed in an IS attack near Mantralaya.
Read More :-AIR INDIA, NEPAL AIRLINES PLANES ALMOST COLLIDE MID-AIR IN KATHMANDU, 3 ATCS SUSPENDED
The Islamic State group has also claimed other recent attacks in Kabul, including a bombing near a checkpoint at the city’s military airport that killed several people. The militant group also claimed responsibility for an attack on a hotel in Kabul in December.
Read More :- Latest World News