New Delhi: iPhone users in India have been waiting to get their hands on 5G service from Jio and Airtel. Reliance Jio and Airtel launched their 5G services in select cities a few weeks ago.
Most 5G-enabled smartphones have received an update from their manufacturers to easily run 5G services, except iPhones. Apple has finally joined the bandwagon and pushed the iOS 16.2 update to beta users.
iOS 16.2 beta is rolling out to iPhone 14, iPhone 13, iPhone 12, and iPhone SE (3rd generation). So beta users with these iPhone models in India will be able to use 5G on their phones. It should be noted that the update is rolling out gradually to eligible iOS 16 Beta Software Program subscribers. So it may take some time for some users to receive the update.
Now, if you have one of the eligible iPhone models and are part of the eligible iOS 16 Beta Software Program, here’s how to use 5G on your iPhone. Step by step guide.
How to activate 5G on your iPhone?
- If you are already part of the beta program, first check the availability of the latest beta software update.
- Click software update to check for an available update
- If an update is available, click the Download button to install it.
- Before installing any beta version on iOS, it is recommended to backup all data and files to help users from losing personal information. It should also be noted that beta updates come with bugs, so it is better not to install the iOS update on your primary device. And if you want to do it, it should be at your own risk. To be part of the beat program:
- On your iPhone, go to beta.apple.com/profile.
- Download and install the configuration profile.
- Go to Settings and activate the profile. Go to General > VPN & Device Management > tap on iOS 16 beta.
- The beta version will now be available in the Settings app under General > Software Update.
- Once you’re part of the iOS 16 Beta software program, you can connect to a 5G network if it’s available in your area. Checking and connecting to the 5G network
- Go to Settings > Mobile data > Mobile data option > Voice & data and select 5G.
- Once you enable this setting, you will be able to use 5G on your iPhone.