Sankashti Chaturthi 2022: Today is Ashadh month’s Sankashti Chaturthi. On this day, Lord Ganesha, the remover of all woes, receives special adoration. All worries are said to be removed by worshipping Lord Ganesha on this day. In addition, there is happiness and harmony in the home. On this day, laddoos, modaks, fruits, and flowers are served to Ganesh ji, and an aarti with incense lamps is done.
Every month, there are two Chaturthis. The first is after the full moon, and the second is after the new moon. Both Chaturthi are known by many names. Sankashti Chaturthi and Ganesh Chaturthi are celebrated on the Chaturthi that follows the full moon, i.e. Krishna Paksha. While the Chaturthi that occurs in the Shukla Paksha following Amavasya is known as Vinayaka Chaturthi. In theology, the Chaturthi that follows the full moon has great significance.
Sankashti Chaturthi Importance
According to the belief, Lord Ganesha is pleased by observing the fast of Sankashti Chaturthi. People who do not have Manglik work in their house or whose children are not getting married. They should please Lord Ganesha by fasting on Sankashti Chaturthi. Lord Ganesha is considered to be a factor of auspiciousness. That is why it is said that following their fast brings auspiciousness into the household. Those whose businesses are not doing well can also fast on this day and offer 4 gramme flour laddus to Ganesh ji. By doing so, the company will begin to grow.
Sankashti Chaturthi Mantra
1- गजाननं भूत गणादि सेवितं, कपित्थ जम्बू फल चारू भक्षणम्।
उमासुतं शोक विनाशकारकम्, नमामि विघ्नेश्वर पाद पंकजम्।।
2- वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सूर्यकोटि समप्रभ।
निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव सर्वकार्येषु सर्वदा॥
3- ॐ श्री गं गणपतये नम: का जाप करें।
श्री गणेश जी का गायत्री मंत्र
– ऊँ एकदन्ताय विद्महे वक्रतुंडाय धीमहि तन्नो बुदि्ध प्रचोदयात।
धन-संपत्ति प्राप्ति के लिए मंत्र
ऊँ नमो गणपतये कुबेर येकद्रिको फट् स्वाहा।
र्विघ्न हरण मंत्र
वक्र तुंड महाकाय, सूर्य कोटि समप्रभ:।
निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव शुभ कार्येषु सर्वदा॥
एकदन्तं महाकायं लम्बोदरगजाननम्ं।
Sankashti Chaturthi Puja Vidhi
- After getting up early in the morning and taking a bath, wear clean clothes and meditate on Lord Ganesha.
- Clean the worship house and sprinkle Gangajal. Spread a yellow colored clean cloth on the post. And install the idol of Lord Ganesha.
- Light incense, lamp and incense sticks in front of God. After this offer water and flowers to them. Apply roli, akshat and silver work.
- Offer red colored flowers, sacred thread, betel nut, betel nut, cloves and cardamom.
- Offer coconut and modak.
- Perform aarti of Lord Ganesha.
- Worship Ganapati by reciting Sankashti Vrat Katha before the moon rises in the evening. Distribute the prasad after the puja is over. The fast is broken after seeing the moon at night and thus the fast of Sankashti Chaturthi is completed.
Sankashti Chaturthi Shubh Muhurt
It is worth noting that the month of Margashirsha has started from 9th November. Sankashti Chaturthi fast will be observed on 12th November or Saturday of this month. The beginning of Chaturthi Tithi will start from 08.17 pm on Friday, 2022 and will last till 10.25 pm on November 12, 2022. The time of moonrise on this day is being told at 8:21 pm.