Tandoori Momos Recipe: Although Momos is a famous dish in Tibet and Nepal, you will find people who like Momos everywhere. Momos are one of the popular street food. Its stalls are seen in the market in the evening. Wherever the stall of momos is set up, the crowd started gathering there.
This shows how much people like Momos in today’s time, and hence today we have brought a different type of Momos recipe for you. In this article, we are going to tell you how to make Tandoori Momos at home. So let’s know the simple recipe for Tandoori Momos.
Tandoori Momos Recipe: Ingredients
- Flour 2 cups
- Salt tsp
- Water – to knead the dough
- Oil – 1 tsp
To make stuffing:
- Onion 1 finely chopped
- Green chilli – 4 finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves finely chopped
- Cabbage – 2 cups grated
- Carrot 1 grated
- Capsicum – 1 cup grated
- Black pepper – 1.2 tsp
- Salt – 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – finely chopped
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Ginger paste 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Kasoori Methi – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp Oil – 4 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves 1/2 tsp
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 40 mins
- To make tandoori momos, first, mix flour and salt in a vessel and mix well by adding water and knead the flour for 30 minutes to become soft.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, ginger, and green chillies to it. Add onions and fry on high flame. Then add carrot, cabbage and capsicum to it, mix and fry on high flame.
- After this add salt, black pepper, and green coriander to it. Make small balls from the flour and roll them thinly. Then fill the prepared stuffing in it and give it the shape you want.
- Steam the prepared momos for 10-15 minutes.
- Now take half a cup of curd in a big vessel and add ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala, kasoori methi, lemon juice, 1 tsp oil and salt. Mix all the spices well.
- Now pour this marinade over the momos and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Now put a pan on the gas, heat it and put 2 tbsp oil in the hot pan.
- Add the marinated momos one by one to the pan and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Flip the momos and roast them from all sides.
- Now our tandoori momos are ready. Sprinkle chaat masala and coriander leaves on tandoori momos and serve with momos chutney.