Tamarind-Onion Chutney: Mouth watering on hearing the name of chutney. It tastes delicious with everything. Whether you eat it with paratha in breakfast and then with roti-rice in lunch or dinner, all the test doubles. Although you must have eaten chutney many times, but rarely would you have eaten onion and tamarind chutney. Actually this is a completely new recipe. You can make it very easily without a mixer.
Generally chutney made of green coriander, mint and tomato etc. is made and eaten. Whenever you make chutney, there is a lot of hassle of mixing or silbatte. But today we are going to tell you the recipe of chutney. It is so tasty to eat that the eater remains to eat it. Also it is very easy to make. Let us know how to make tamarind onion chutney and what ingredients will be needed for it.
Tamarind-onion chutney: Ingredients
- ½ cup onion
- 2 tsp ginger
- salt to taste
- black salt as per taste
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp roasted cumin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup boiled potatoes
- To make tamarind onion chutney, first of all soak tamarind in lukewarm water.
- Now put 3-4 potatoes in the cooker to boil.
- While the potatoes are boiling, finely chop the onions and green chillies.
- Now peel the ginger and grate it.
- Now peel and mash the potatoes.
- By now your tamarind will also be soaked, now separate the tamarind water.
- Now add chopped onion and grated ginger to tamarind water.
- After this add mashed potatoes as well.
- Now add red chili powder, sugar, roasted cumin, salt and black salt.
- Lastly add mashed potatoes to this mixture.
- Mix everything well, now your tamarind onion chutney is ready.
Also Read – Latest Lifestyle News