Soya Methi Naan Recipe: Naan made of all-purpose flour is difficult to chew. But this tasty Soya Methi and Garlic Naan made from soya fenugreek flour is not only tasty but also low in calories. Not only this, as everyone knows there are many benefits of eating fenugreek, it prevents hair fall and consuming it also benefits heart disease, if you have stomach-related problems, fenugreek will be very beneficial.
Along with fenugreek, these naans are rich in garlic which helps in reducing the level of LDL cholesterol, which is the bad cholesterol, in the body. Not only this, but if you are a patient of blood pressure then garlic can be beneficial for you. Along with this, you will get to see the qualities of soya which contains a high amount of protein in these naans.
This naan will benefit everyone from children to elders, and will also give heat to the body. Especially for children who run away from green vegetables, it will be very beneficial to feed them fenugreek and soya flour instead of plain flour. Enjoy these tasty naans without harming your health.
Soya Methi Naan: Ingredients
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 1/4 finely chopped fenugreek
- 8 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry yeast/ 1 tsp powdered fresh yeast
- 1 cup wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp oil
- Wheat flour, for rolling
- 1 tsp butter, for greasing
- Combine the sugar, dry yeast, and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Cover and keep it for 10 minutes till the yeast rises.
- Combine the wheat flour, soya flour, yeast-sugar mixture, salt, oil and fenugreek seeds in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid or wet cotton cloth and keep it aside to rise. (for 20-30 minutes)
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Place a portion of the dough on a rolling board, sprinkle 1 tsp garlic on top, and also use a little dry flour. Roll the dough into an oval.
- Heat a nonstick pan and cook the naan till it puffs up slightly on one side and then flip it.
- Cook the naan on an open flame till golden spots appear on it.
- Cook the naan by following method numbers 5 and 7.
- Your tasty and nutritious naan is ready, serve hot.