Quit Smoking: Smoking is a harmful habit. With time, it turns into an addiction and gives rise to serious health problems later in life. From increasing the risk of cancer to causing lung diseases, smoking poses many health hazards. That’s why it is necessary to leave intoxication and harmful habits. But often people struggle to quit this addiction.
According to the nutritionist, ‘as you learn to quit your addiction or consider taking a ‘break’ from your smoking habit. You will start feeling healthier.
6 Ways to Quit Smoking
Now we have come up with 6 strategies for you to quit smoking, under which you will be able to do this.
- The most important step is making the decision to quit. The process of quitting a harmful addiction begins with making a firm decision.
- In order to regain lost health, the intake of antioxidants like beta-carotene, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E present in fresh fruits and vegetables should be increased.
- Smoking also damages the skin. A glass of raw vegetable juice daily can help nourish the skin.
- Food items like wheat bran, whole pulses, jowar and bajri should be included in the diet to reduce the urge to smoke and adapt to a high fiber alkaline diet.
- Foods like fish, nuts, dark green colored fruits and vegetables should be consumed daily to nourish the skin.
- Exercise is essential. It complements the nutritious diet and helps to recover health faster.