Khoa Matar Paneer Recipe: With the onset of winter, the smell of delicious paneer vegetables has started spreading. The winter vegetable peas have also arrived.
In such a situation, questions must be looming in your mind about how to make matar paneer at home. So let us tell you today how khoa matar paneer can be made at home. Today we will tell you a recipe for matar paneer which will make your mouth water.
Khoa Matar Paneer Recipe: Ingredients
- Paneer cubes – 2 cups
- Frozen green peas or matar – 1 ½ cup
- Black pepper – half a teaspoon
- Water – 3 cups
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder, and cumin powder – half a teaspoon each
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Kasoori Methi – 2 tbsp
- Red Tomato (roughly chopped) – 3 medium pieces
- Garlic clove (chopped) – 2-3 pieces
- Green cardamom – 2
- Onion (roughly chopped) – 2 large pieces
- Ginger (chopped) – ½ inch
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – ½ cup
- Salt as required
- Add cumin seeds to the hot oil followed by cardamom, black pepper and chopped garlic. Fry it well. Now add onion cubes and fry till they turn brown. After this, add ginger and garlic and fry again for a minute. Now add tomato cubes, mix and cook till soft.
- Now add all the dry spices, turmeric, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, kasoori methi and cumin powder and then make a paste by adding little water and fry on low flame.
- Add some peas, then cover it and cook for 10 minutes. Mix it with water and salt and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Then add crumbled khoa, and paneer and boil for about 2 minutes. Wait 15 minutes until the ingredients are completely mixed and thickened.
- After this, sprinkle green coriander and fresh cream. Once it is ready, add a little butter to it and spread coriander as a garnish. Serve it hot with butter naan or rice.
– Preparation time: 10 minutes
– Cooking Time: 25 minutes
– Total time: 35 minutes
Khoa can be made in five minutes
If you are worried about the fat content in khoa matar paneer ki sabzi then don’t worry as you can make homemade khoa using skimmed milk in 5 minutes. Khoa can be made simply by boiling milk for a short time. If the paneer is a concern, it can easily be replaced with tofu.