Trending TopicsIpl 2024Lok Sabha 2024

---Advertisement---

Shocking! 5 People Vomit Blood After Consuming Mouth Freshener In Gurgaon Restaurant, Video Surfaces

Dry ice, a solidified form of carbon dioxide, poses serious health risks if ingested. It can cause burns to the mouth, oesophagus, and stomach, and in extreme cases, may lead to stomach rupture. Despite its theatrical use in restaurants, incidents like these highlight the importance of proper handling and awareness regarding potential dangers associated with dry ice.

Edited By : Saurav Gupta | Updated: Mar 6, 2024 17:07 IST
Share :
Gurgaon: 5 People Vomit Blood After Consuming Mouth Freshener
Gurgaon: 5 People Vomit Blood After Consuming Mouth Freshener

A celebratory evening turned into a nightmare for a group of customers at a Gurgaon restaurant when they were mistakenly served dry ice granules as mouth fresheners. The incident resulted in five individuals experiencing mouth burns, with three of them currently admitted to Aarvy Hospital. The shocking episode has led to criminal charges against the waitress responsible.

Misstep with Dry Ice: Unintended Consequences

The waitress inadvertently offered translucent granules, thinking they were mouth fresheners, to a group celebrating a birthday at Laforestta Cafe in Sector 90, Gurgaon. Dry ice, typically used for dramatic effects in restaurants, can be hazardous when consumed as it transforms from a solid to gaseous form.

Gurgaon – Victims’ ordeals: Burns, Vomiting, and Blood

As the unsuspecting customers, Ankit Kumar, his wife Neha, Manika Goenka, his wife Pritika Rastogi, and Deepak Arora, along with his wife Himani, popped the granules into their mouths, they experienced an immediate burning sensation. The situation escalated as they tried to alleviate the discomfort, leading to vomiting and bleeding. Ankit Kumar, the complainant, recounted the lack of assistance from the restaurant staff during the distressing episode.

Delayed Medical Attention and Investigation

The group, writhing in pain, allegedly received medical attention only after the police arrived 40 minutes later. Ankit Kumar promptly identified the granules as dry ice when shown to a doctor, prompting a forensic analysis. Preliminary investigations suggest that the waitress confused the dry ice for actual mouth fresheners.

Also read: Lok Sabha 2024: BJP’s Barabanki Candidate Upendra Singh Rawat Opts Out Over Alleged Obscene Video

Gurgaon – Legal Actions: Charges and Cooperation

An FIR against the waitress has been filed under IPC sections 328 (causing hurt by means of poison) and 120B (criminal conspiracy). Laforestta Café manager Gagan acknowledged the mistake, attributing it to the waitress. The restaurant is cooperating with the police investigation.

The Perils of Dry Ice Consumption

Dry ice, a solidified form of carbon dioxide, poses serious health risks if ingested. It can cause burns to the mouth, oesophagus, and stomach, and in extreme cases, may lead to stomach rupture. Despite its theatrical use in restaurants, incidents like these highlight the importance of proper handling and awareness regarding potential dangers associated with dry ice.

First published on: Mar 05, 2024 10:32 AM IST

Get Breaking News First and Latest Updates from India and around the world on News24. Follow News24 on Facebook, Twitter.

Related Story