Passport apply process: A passport is one of most important identity verification document issued by the national government to its citizens. The primary function of a passport is to allow the holder to cross borders so it is widely used as travel document.
A passport is one of the most important documents for any Indian citizen in India because it serves as both identity proof and a necessary document for international travel. It allows the holder to travel internationally and serves as proof of Indian citizenship in any foreign country.
How to Apply online for a Passport in India in 7 easy steps
Step 1: Click on the official website of Passport Seva i.e., passportindia.gov.in.
Step 2: If you are an existing user, you can use your old login ID and password to log in. If you are a first-time user, then, you must register and create a new account.
Step 3: On the home page, under the ‘New User’ tab, click ‘Register Now.’
Step 4: Next, enter your user ID and password, followed by the captcha code for verification, and then click ‘Register.’
Step 5: Now, use the registered login ID to access the Passport Seva Online Portal.
Step 6: After logging in, select one of the options and click on the ‘Fresh passport/passport reissue’ link.
Step 7: Fill in the blanks carefully.
Age limit or eligibility to apply for passport application
Citizens in India must be at least 18 years old to apply for a passport. However, in the case of minors, the passport’s validity is limited to 5 years or until they reach the age of 18. Minors aged 15 to 18 years old, on the other hand, can apply for a passport with a 10-year validity period or a passport valid until they reach the age of 18.
Important documents needed for passport application
- When applying for a passport in India, the applicant must submit a number of important documents. Here is a list of important documents needed to obtain a new Indian passport.
- Identity proof, such as an Aadhaar card, Election voter ID card, or any other valid photo ID.
- Proof of age, birth certificate, high school diploma, etc.
- Driving permit, PAN card, and Aadhaar card
- Proof of address, such as an electricity bill, a water bill, a gas connection, or a mobile phone bill
- Passbook of bank account in use
- Rent contract (if applicable)
The Ministry of External Affairs now handles all passport applications online. So, if you want to get a new passport, you’ll have to go through the online application process. The procedure is outlined below.
Read More :- Latest Business News