What would you do if your phone, wallet or anything valuable falls on track while travelling through a train? Try to stop the rail by pulling chain? That option can put you in trouble, including drawing a hefty fine.
Then what are the options that you can choose to recover your valuables if not wanting to halt the track and get your valuables on your own. There is obviously a simple way that can help you in the situation, starting with staying calm and not create ruckus.
First thing first, passengers should not go for chain pulling as it can also put you behind bars. It is also possible that you might have to pay the fine and get subjected to jail.
If your purse or mobile phone fall onto the railway track, instead of pulling the emergency chain.
Follow these steps:
- Note down the number in yellow and black on the pole near where your luggage fell.
- Show this number to the Train Ticket Examiner (TTE), who will inform you of the stations between which your luggage dropped.
- Call the Railway Police Force helpline at 182 or Railway Helpline at 139 and provide them with this information.
- The police will search for your belongings at the specified location, and upon retrieval, return them to you.
- In such a situation, your belongings will be returned to you after following these steps.
Each year, a significant number of railway passengers lose their belongings while traveling, making recovery a daunting task. Fortunately, Western Railway has introduced a solution named “Mission Amanat.” Under this service, the Railway Protection Force (RPF) will assist in locating lost luggage, sharing photos and descriptions of these items on their website. Passengers can easily identify and reclaim their belongings through this convenient system.
Passengers can go to official website of Western Railway website — http://wr.indianrailways.gov.in — to get their lost belongings.