New Delhi: At least 50 people sustained injuries after a fire at a general store in the Shahganj Teli area of Bihar’s Aurangabad on Saturday. This led to an explosion of a gas cylinder and a refrigerator.
Blast injured at least 50 people
As per the information, the incident took place around 3.30 pm after the shop caught fire and resulted in the injury to over 50 people.
Police and fire brigade teams rushed to the spot and several police personnel sustained burn injuries while trying to put out the fire.
Aurangabad, Bihar| Injuries reported after fire broke out in a shop y'day, no casualties reported yet
We were preparing for Chhath puja, my wife was making meals. A sudden fire broke out at my shop after a cylinder there exploded. My family members were injured: Anil, Shopkeeper pic.twitter.com/ej0Dh31qj8
— ANI (@ANI) October 29, 2022
Shop owner’s wife was cooking prasad for Chhath Puja
The owner of the shop Anil Kumar said that the incident took place while his wife was preparing food for Chhath Puja.
“There was Chhat Puja at my place for which my wife was preparing food and that was when we realised that the shop had caught fire and everybody started running here and there. Amidst this a cylinder exploded and all of us, including my son got injured,” shop owner Anil Kumar said.
Injured are undergoing treatment
Those injured were undergoing treatment at a hospital, officials said. Police are investigating the incident and further details are awaited.
Earlier in Hyderabad, one person died and six persons were injured after a cylinder exploded in a house in Hyderabad’s Mettuguda Division Dood Bavi area on Wednesday.