Budget 2023, middle class expectation: Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present the Union Budget for the fiscal year 2023–2024 on February 1. She will propose the budget in the face of anticipation from numerous economic sectors. The government can, however, do more for the middle class because of its expanding population and current size, according to the finance minister. (Budget 2023, middle class expectation)
Ahead of Union Budget the Union Finance Minister said that she belonged to the middle class family and she understood the pressure that middle class is going through.
“I Belong to the Middle Class, Understand Their Pressures,” she added.
Sitharaman added that while she was aware of the pressures facing the middle class, the current administration has not levied any new taxes on them.
Here is a list of what the Indian middle class anticipates from the Centre in advance of the Budge 2023 presentation.
Budget 2023, middle class expectation: Income tax exemption
- The government may increase the personal income tax exemption and give middle-class people a break
- Job creation can get more attention in the upcoming budget
- The Center can emphasise the need of having health insurance
- Section 80D’s deduction cap would be raised by the centre
- Reduction of the GST on health insurance by the Centre
- The middle class wants additional home loan discounts in order to afford housing
According to the calendar, the Parliamentary budget session will begin on January 31 and end on April 6, and on February 1st, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will deliver the budget for 2023–24.
She may announced an increase in the basic customs duty on numerous items, which will result in an increase in some items’ costs while a decrease in others. Many products that are frequently used will be less expensive, like clothes, chargers, and cell phones. Even substances used in the refining of petroleum, such as methanol, acetic acid, and heavy feedstocks, will become less expensive.
Read More :- Latest Business News