SBI Security Tips for Instant Loan Apps: The State Bank of India (SBI) has alerted customers against using fast and instant loan apps. The bank has also given some safety recommendations with its customers in order to keep them from falling into the trap of rapid loan applications.
“Please avoid clicking on dodgy links or providing your information to any organisation pretending as a bank or financial company,” said a recent tweet on the official website of the SBI Twitter handle. Cybercrime can be reported at https://cybercrime.gov.in.
Please refrain from clicking on suspicious links or giving your information to a company posing as a Bank or Financial Company.
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) November 22, 2022
These are 6 security tips of State Bank of India
- Check the authenticity of the app before downloading.
- Do not click on suspicious links.
- Avoid using unauthorized apps that can steal your data.
- Check app permission settings to prevent your data from being stolen.
- Report suspicious money lending apps to local police authorities.
- Visit http://bank.sbi for all your financial needs.
Banks, NBFCs registered with RBI and entities regulated by state governments can offer valid loans. Further, users should never share their copy of KYC documents with unknown persons or unverified/unauthorized apps and should report such incidents to appropriate law enforcement agencies.