NRI Aadhaar card enrollment: The Aadhaar card is one of the necessary documents for receiving benefits under various state-sponsored schemes. Many public and private authorities, including those that provide KYC services, require the card in order to do so. The question of whether an NRI (Non-Resident Indian) can apply for an Aadhaar card is frequently raised.
According to UIDAI, an NRI with a valid Indian passport can apply at any Aadhaar kendra.
The UIDAI has specified the following steps for an NRI to take in order to obtain an Aadhaar card:
- Visit your local Aadhaar Kendra.
- Remember to bring your Indian passport.
- Fill out the enrollment form with your information.
- NRIs are required to provide their email address.
- For NRI enrollment, the declaration is slightly different. Please read the following and sign your enrollment form.
- Request that your operator enrol you as an NRI.
- Give the operator your passport as identification.
- Complete the biometric process after proving your identity.
- Make sure to double-check all of the information on the screen before submitting it to the operator.
- Keep a receipt or enrollment slip with your 14-digit enrollment ID and a date/time stamp.
You can check the status after finishing the process on https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/CheckAadhaarStatus . According to UIDAI, you have the option of providing another legitimate document or documents in addition to your passport as verification of your address and date of birth. However, if the address listed in your passport has changed, you must provide the updated Indian address along with a current Proof of Address (PoA) that complies with the list of UIDAI-acceptable papers.