Thursday, 18 April, 2024
Trending TopicsIpl 2024Lok Sabha 2024

---Advertisement---

NPS Scheme: THIS plan gives you Rs 50,000 monthly pension! Details here

NPS Scheme: Private sector employees always struggle to save much money for a comfortable post-retirement lifestyle. They must focus retirement planning for a good and comfortable future. Retirement planning entails identifying sources of income, estimating expenses, implementing a savings plan, and managing assets and risk. To determine whether the retirement income target is feasible, future […]

Edited By : Divya Richa | Updated: Dec 17, 2022 13:30 IST
Share :

NPS Scheme: Private sector employees always struggle to save much money for a comfortable post-retirement lifestyle. They must focus retirement planning for a good and comfortable future. Retirement planning entails identifying sources of income, estimating expenses, implementing a savings plan, and managing assets and risk. To determine whether the retirement income target is feasible, future cash flows are estimated. Investment in NPS scheme is considered as one of the best options for future savings.

People who invest Rs 6,000 per month in this scheme after the age of 60 are eligible for a Rs 50,000 pension. That means you must invest in this plan with Rs 200 each day. Investors in this plan are not required to pay income taxes. In addition to the Section 80C refund, NPS participants may deduct contributions of up to Rs 50,000 from their taxable income.

NPS scheme: Long-term investment

The NPS is viewed as a long-term investment. You contribute to the plan during your working years, and the funds are distributed to you as a pension when you retire. For withdrawing NPS funds, the investor has several options.

For withdrawing NPS funds, the investor has several options. The first is that you will be able to access only a portion of your total investment at any given time, with the remainder going directly into your pension fund. This amount will be used to purchase an annuity. Your pension will be proportional to the amount of money you leave to purchase an annuity when you retire.

How you can get Rs 50,000 monthly pension?

Break down the financial expense required to fund a Rs 50,000 monthly pension. When starting to invest at the age of 24, the NPS calculator recommends saving Rs 6,000 per month. That means you must invest Rs 200 per day. He intends to contribute to the plan until he is 60 years old. That amounts to a 36-year savings commitment to the plan.

Two kinds of accounts:

There are two account tiers in the National Pension Scheme (NPS): Tier-1 and Tier-2. Those who have not yet deposited their PF but plan to retire should open a Tier-1 account. This account’s initial deposit is 500 Indian rupees. After retirement, you can withdraw up to 60% of the balance each year. The remaining 40% is invested in a purchase.

What is maximum amount of tax relief available on NPS Scheme?

NPS account holders can claim income tax exemptions of up to Rs 1.5 lakh under Section 80C, with an additional Rs 50,000 available under Section 80CCD. The disadvantage is that annuity income is taxed.

First published on: Dec 17, 2022 01:30 PM IST

Get Breaking News First and Latest Updates from India and around the world on News24. Follow News24 on Facebook, Twitter.

Related Story