myAadhaar Portal: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has allowed residents to update documents online on their Aadhaar. It is free of cost for the next three months. UIDAI will not charge citizens for updating documents in Aadhaar online for the next three months. The decision was taken as part of the Digital India initiative. People have been asked to update documents on the myAadhaar platform for free. The free service will be given for the next three months from March 15 to June 14. You can do this only by visiting the myAadhaar portal. If you update information on Aadhaar card by visiting to Aadhaar Card centre, then it will charge you Rs100 for updating.
UIDAI is urging citizens to submit Proof of Identity and Proof of Address (POI/POA) documents to re-verify their demographic information, especially if one’s Aadhaar was issued more than ten years ago. This will increase the success rate of certification and contribute to better service delivery and increased ease of living.
Know Update options
People have two options if they want to update their demographic information (name, date of birth, address, etc.) they can use the online update service or visit the local Aadhaar center. There will be a fee.
How to update on myAadhaar portal
- Go to the official website of MyAadhaar portal i.e. myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on login tab
- Login page will open on the screen
- Enter your registered mobile number
- Now enter captcha code and click on send OTP button
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter OTP received to login to your registered account
- Once you have successfully logged in, your account dashboard will open on your screen
- Now, click on the document update tab
- The current information of the applicant will appear on the screen
- Now, review and recheck all the details carefully
- After that, upload the required details which need to be updated
- Finally, click on the submit button to save the changes
Read More :- Latest Business News