If you have still not linked your PAN card with Aadhaar card then you have only 15 days in hand to link your documents. This article is important for you as it gives you details about PAN-Aadhaar linking. If the cardholder does not link the Permanent Account Number (PAN) to the Aadhaar card, the card will become inactive after March 31 2023. Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has made the linking mandatory. Your PAN card will be closed, and your problems will begin from April 1.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) imposed a Rs 1000 late penalty for linking Aadhaar with PAN after June 30. No one will be able to link their PAN to their Aadhaar unless they pay the late fee. PAN and Aadhaar numbers can be linked until March 31, 2023.
PAN-Aadhaar linking by following process:
- Open the Income Tax e-filing portal – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Register on it (if not already done). Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your user id.
- Log in by entering the User ID, password and date of birth.
- A pop up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN with Aadhaar. If not, go to ‘Profile Settings’ on Menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Details such as name date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the PAN details.
- Verify the PAN details on screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar. Pls. note that if there is a mismatch, you need to get the same corrected in either of the documents.
- If the details match, enter your Aadhaar number and click on the “link now” button.
- A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN
- You may also visit https://www.utiitsl.com/ OR https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in/ to link your PAN and Aadhaar.
Read More :- Latest Business News