EPFO update: There is good news for PF account holders, as interest for the fiscal year 2022 is starting to appear for many. Recently, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation began depositing money earned through interest in PF accounts. 7 crore EPFO subscribers can expect up to Rs 81,000 to appear in their accounts soon.
This year’s interest rate is 8.1 percent, which is the lowest level in 40 years. Individuals with a balance of Rs 10 lakh will receive Rs 81,000 in interest. The interest will be Rs 56,700 for those who have Rs 7 lakh in their PF account. Similarly, interest on Rs 5 lakh in PF account will be Rs 40,500, while interest on Rs 1 lakh will be Rs 8,100.
How to Determine If Your PF Account Has Received Interest
EPFO subscribers can check their balance and see if their interest money has arrived in a variety of ways:
1 Check the balance with a missed phone call
PF account holders can leave a missed call on 011-22901406 from their registered mobile number. EPFO will send the account information to the subscriber via SMS. To use this service, subscribers must have completed UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar linking.
2 How to Check Your Balance Via SMS
- Account holders must have their UAN registered with EPFO and use their registered mobile number to use this service.
- Send the text EPFOHO to the phone number 7738299899.
- Receive PF account information via text message
- This service is available in a variety of languages. In addition to English, there are Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi, Kannada, Tamil, Bengali, Telugu, and Malayalam.
3 How to use the official mobile app to check
- The UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) app allows account holders to check their PF balance. Take the following steps:
- Install and open the Umang app
- Click on EPFO tab
- Next, go to employee-centric services.
- Click on ‘view passbook’
- Login with UAN and password (OTP) details
- Receive OTP on your registered mobile number.
- See your PF balance
4 How to check PF balance online
EPFO subscribers need to follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of EPFO (epfindia.gov.in)
- Go to the link for e-passbook
- Login using your UAN and password details on the e-passbook login page, click submit
- Select your member ID on the new page
- See your EPF balance on the EPFO e-passbook