Aadhaar information: Aadhaar has evolved into an important identifying document in the modern era. It is difficult to do any financial activities without it. From opening a bank account to participating in any government programme, Aadhaar is required. Everyone in the country only gets an Aadhaar card once in their lifetime. UIDAI issues Aadhaar numbers to citizens.
Sometimes false information about us is printed. Being printed ensures that only incorrect data is stored in the Aadhaar database. In this situation, UIDAI provides the option to update or improve it. Updating your Aadhaar with your current name and address is straightforward.
According to UIDAI, you can easily update your demographic information (name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone, and email) for a fee of Rs 50. The biometric update will set you back Rs 100. If you are charged extra, you can file a complaint by visiting https://resident.uidai.gov.in/file-complaint.
Name and location changes can also be done online, but biometric upgrades require a visit to the nearest Aadhaar centre. According to the new regulations, every citizen must update their Aadhaar number after receiving it for ten years.
There is a time limit for changing addresses
The 12-digit unique number on an Aadhaar card reveals the citizen’s information. There are numerous facts presented, such as age, parents’ names, and address. According to UIDAI, there is a time limit for Aadhaar card holders to change their residences. According to UIDAI, Aadhaar card holders are only allowed to change their names in their Aadhaar data twice throughout their lifetime. Furthermore, Aadhaar only permits you to change your birthday once. You cannot continually alter your name in Aadhaar data.
How to Update Your Address on Your Aadhaar Card Online?
- Go to the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal and select the ‘Proceed to Update Address’ option.
- Enter your registered mobile number, Aadhaar number, and OTP to log in.
- Select ‘Proceed to address update’.
- Enter the OTP to log in.
- Enter the new address after selecting “Update New Address Proof.”
- Following that, choose the documents to be submitted as address proof.
- After submitting the scanned copy of the address verification, click the “Submit” button.
- If the Aadhaar update request is granted, a 14-digit Update Request Number will be generated.