New Delhi: Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India recently launched its 100cc Shine. The new bike directly competes with the Hero Splendor. So today we will compare these two bikes and tell you which bike is better in which case.
Comparison of features
- The new Honda Shine 100 is equipped with a self-starter, all-black alloy wheels, halogen motorcycle headlights, side stand engine cut-off, dual instrument cluster and combined brake system.
- While the Hero Splendor Plus has features like i3S switchable technology, USB charger, 18-inch alloy wheels, engine off sensor and side stand indicator.
- The new Honda Shine 100 has been powered by a 100 cc single-cylinder engine that generates 7.6 PS of power and 8.05 Nm of torque. The engine is equipped with an automatic choke system and a starter solenoid with oil jets for piston cooling and offset pistons. The bike has telescopic front forks with a diamond frame and double shock absorber suspension at the rear. It has front and rear drum brakes with a combined braking system.
- At the same time, the Hero Splendor Plus gets a 97.2 cc fuel-injected engine that generates 7.9 bhp of power and 8.05 Nm of torque, it has been mated to a 4-speed gearbox. In this case, suspension duties were imposed on telescopic forks and monoshock units on the front and rear axles. Drum brakes are available on both its wheels.
Honda has not released any information on the mileage of the Shine 100 at this time. However, it is claimed to have the highest mileage in the segment.
While from the Hero Splendor Plus, the company claims to achieve a mileage of 65 kmpl to 80.6 kmpl.
Comparison of dimensions
- The wheelbase of the Honda Shine 100 is 1245 mm long. Its seat height is 786 mm and ground clearance is 168 mm. A 9 liter fuel tank is available in this bike. The weight of this bike is 99 kg.
- The wheelbase of the Splendor Plus is 1236 mm, the seat height is 785 mm and the ground clearance is 165 mm. It has a 9.8 liter fuel tank. Its weight is 112 kg.
Honda’s new 100cc motorcycle has been launched in a single variant with an ex-showroom price of Rs 64,900. While the Hero Splendor Plus ex-showroom starting price is Rs 72,420. The ex-showroom price of its Xtec variant equipped with many modern features is Rs 75,840. This means the Honda Shine 100 is about Rs 7,500 cheaper than the Splendor. The company will begin deliveries in May 2023.
Read More – Latest Auto News