Islamabad: Four soldiers have been killed in a suicide attack on a Pakistan Army convoy in the North Waziristan district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. The incident took place in the Mir Ali area.
The Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement that the Pakistan Army and intelligence agency ISI are trying to find out more information about the suicide attacker.
Apart from this, the Pakistan Army has also launched an investigation to find out those responsible for carrying out this attack. The ISPR has said that the perpetrators of this incident will be punished.
On August 1, a Pakistan Army helicopter carrying a senior commander and five others had crashed during a flood relief operation in Balochistan, killing all on board. The Pakistan Army had also expressed the possibility of a conspiracy behind this.
The ISPR said that there has been an increase in incidents of attacks on the Pakistan Army and encounters with terrorists in North Waziristan in recent months.
– On July 4, a suicide bomber had attacked a Pakistan Army convoy in the same area. 11 soldiers were injured.
– On May 30, a suicide bomber had rammed his motorcycle into a Pakistan Army convoy in the Razmak area. Three soldiers and three children were killed.
– On July 14, Pakistan Army personnel had an encounter with terrorists in the Dattakhel area of the tribal area of North Waziristan. On the basis of intelligence inputs, the army had launched an operation. One soldier was killed along with 6 terrorists.
– On May 15, three soldiers were killed in a suicide attack in the Miran Shah area of North Waziristan.
– On June 3, a soldier was killed in a terrorist attack on a military post in North Waziristan.
The Waziristan region is bordered by Afghanistan. Attacks on the Pakistan Army is common in this region.