Monday, July 6, 2020

Iran issues arrest warrant against Donald Trump over late army commander’s killing

Tehran: A senior Iranian judge has said that Interpol Red Notices have been issued for the prosecution of dozens of military and political officials of the US, including President Donald Trump, “who were involved in the assassination” of Quds Force commander Qasem Soleimani, it was reported.

“Thirty-six people who were involved in the assassination of General Qasem Soleimani have been identified, including political and military officials from the US and other governments,” Press TV quoted Tehran Prosecutor Ali Alqasi-Mehr as saying on Monday.

“At the top of the list is US President Donald Trump, and his prosecution will be pursued even after the end of his term in office,” he said.

The judge added that Iran’s Judiciary has issued arrest warrants and requested “Red Notices” to be put out for them by Interpol.

Soleimani, the commander of the Quds Force of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), along with Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, deputy head of Iraq’s Hashd al-Shaabi, were killed on January 3 in a US airstrike that targeted their convoy near the Baghdad airport.

In a related development on Monday, Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister for Legal and International Affairs Mohsen Baharvand said about 40 people have been identified in relation to the Soleimani’s killing, Press TV reported.

“Our intelligence and security agencies have so far identified about 40 Americans, who have been one way or another involved in this assassination through issuing order or facilitation of the process.

“A number of other people, including some American drone operators, have are not known yet, but will be identified in the near future,” he said.

 

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

International Flights: Air India to operate 36 India-US flights from July 1 | Details here

New Delhi: National carrier Air India will operate 36 flights between India and the US under the Vande Bharat mission from July 11 to July...

‘Ganguly already co-owner, so eligible to become director of ATK-MB’

Kolkata: BCCI President Sourav Ganguly is eligible to be one of the directors of the merged Indian Super League (ISL) franchise ATK-Mohun Bagan ahead of...

India foils SFJ’s bid, blocks Russian portal ‘Referendum 2020’

New Delhi: India has blocked the Russian portal which was used by banned pro-Khalistan group Sikhs For Justice (SFJ) for online voter registration for 'Referendum...

UK’s most wanted: India-born Sahnan runs much bigger drug ops than D-company in Europe

London/New Delhi: Underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's notorious D-company is on the radar of UK authorities for drug smuggling, but at the moment, British Indian drug...