New Delhi: The role of a teacher is very special in our life. He guides us and motivates us to move forward. Without him our life is absolutely incomplete. No matter how big one gets, he needs a guide all the time which a skilled teacher can fulfill. Teachers’ Day is also celebrated every year to honor these teachers of the country.
On this day students write poems for their teachers, give them gifts and honor them. According to Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, former President and great teacher of the country, ‘Teacher is not the one who forcibly puts things in the minds of the students. The teacher should prepare the student for every situation so that he can move forward in life. Apart from this, a good teacher must have the following qualities.
1. Knowledge- Being a teacher, you should know all the information related to your subject. Apart from this, it is equally important to have knowledge of current subjects, so that you can answer every question of the students.
2. Presentation- To be a teacher, it is more important to have knowledge than it is, the way to convey it to the students. The mental level of every student is different, so the presentation should be such that it is easily understood by everyone.
3. Friendly Nature- Discipline is necessary between teacher and student, but with the passage of time, there is a need for friendly behavior. This will make it easier for you to both understand and explain the students. This will also allow the introverted student to open up and the fear will go away.
4. Experiences and Examples – Not only the information related to the subject, but also share your experiences with the students. This will allow you to establish a better rapport with them. If you explain with an example, the children will remember it for a long time.
5. Understanding of life – A better teacher is the one who teaches his student to identify the good and bad in life, things necessary for a bright future, behavior and humanity. Because these are the basic necessities of their life. So if the child is not able to do well in studies, then explain to him that he should do the best he can in life, life is not limited to studies only, there is much more than that.