Trending TopicsPM ModiBollywoodCricket

---Advertisement---

Hyderabad University Faces Outcry After Rat Found In Mess Food; Video Sparks Health Concerns

Students at a university in Hyderabad's Sultanpur claimed to find a rat in mess food, raising health concerns as a video circulated online.

Edited By : Swechchha | Updated: Jul 9, 2024 19:16 IST
Share :
Rat found In Hostel Food In Hyderabad
Rat found In Hostel Food In Hyderabad

Last month, a Hyderabad resident reported finding a maggot in chicken biryani ordered via Swiggy. Now, students at a university in the capital city claim to have discovered a rat in the food served at the mess, sparking serious health concerns as a video of the incident circulates online.

The caption on X’s video shared states, ‘A rat was discovered in a dish in the Telangana hostel. Scary!’

The video depicts a large container of food with a rat swimming inside. It also shows several students recording the incident on their smartphones. Reports indicate that the video was filmed at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) in Sultanpur, Hyderabad.

Commenter remarked, ‘This shocking discovery underscores the administration’s failure to uphold basic standards of hygiene and quality in educational institutions, endangering the health and well-being of students.’

An individual stated, ‘The hygiene of food in hostels is a major concern. The taste is not good either. If it weren’t for saving costs, nobody would choose to eat in a hostel mess.’

Also Read: Seagulls Interrupt Livestream To Snatch Sandwich, Video Trends

A third person expressed, ‘This is absolutely unacceptable. If hostels continue to serve such food, what will the children do? They depend on that food and cannot eat out every day. When will people in India take responsibility?’

While a fifth person commented, ‘Pathetic,’ a sixth person joined in and remarked, ‘Horrible.’

However, this is not the first instance of foreign objects being found in food. Previously, a man from Ahmedabad, Gujarat, discovered a rat in sambar while eating at a restaurant. The customer brought the matter to the attention of the hotel owner, but received no resolution. Subsequently, he lodged a formal complaint with the authorities against the restaurant, prompting swift action. The authorities sealed the restaurant and issued a notice to the owner to rectify the food safety concerns.

Also Read:Fiery Divorce Tactics: Husband Burns Down Mansion, Refuses To Pay Wife A Single Penny

First published on: Jul 09, 2024 07:15 PM IST

Get Breaking News First and Latest Updates from India and around the world on News24. Follow News24 on Facebook, Twitter.

Related Story