New Delhi: Many people around the world use WhatsApp. This is a very popular app. Through this app, you can send not only messages but also photos and videos to your contacts. Now because media sharing is also done on the app, the app also takes up a lot of storage. In such a situation, your storage may be full or it may be said that the storage may have been full, but do not worry, the full space can be freed from WhatsApp. Here we are going to tell you about some methods of WhatsApp to free up storage space.
Do this work before deleting the data
Before deleting any data, do check that how much space that data has consumed on your phone. Follow these steps to view the data of WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on the smartphone.
- Now go to Settings.
- After this click on Storage and data.
- Now go to Manage storage.
- Here you will be able to see how much phone memory is there and how much space is consumed by WhatsApp media.
- How to review and delete WhatsApp media
We have told you above how to view the storage. After this you can review the media. Through this, you can delete large or frequently forwarded items. Apart from this, you can also delete the media according to the chat. For this follow the steps mentioned below.
You have to click on Larger than 5 MB inside Manage storage in WhatsApp. Apart from this, you can also select a specific chat.At the same time, according to your convenience, you can also select the Newest, Oldest or Largest option.After this is done, you can select any one or multiple media and delete them.
Note: If you delete these files from WhatsApp, then these files can be in the phone’s storage. In this case, you should also delete them from the gallery.
Delete via search
After the introduction of the new feature, you can also delete any one media. For this follow these steps.
- Open the WhatsApp Chats tab and tap on Search.
- After this, search for the photo, video or document, and select it.
- Then open the item which you want to delete.
- After that go to More and tap on Delete.
Read More :- Latest Tech News