New Delhi: Netflix recently launched a new feature called ‘Profile Transfer’ to prevent sharing of passwords on its platform. At the launch, the company said that it has rolled out this feature for its users across the world. When this facility becomes available in the accounts of the users, it will personally inform the users. Now, just a few days later, the company has announced that its new profile transfer facility is now available in India.
Streaming company Netflix has reported that when users start their subscription, this feature allows them to transfer their personal recommendations, history, my list and saved games to a new account. The company has also verified that its paid customers have started receiving emails regarding the upgrade.
The company says that we will never transfer your payment information. Also, children’s profiles cannot be transferred. If you are living in India and you want to transfer your Netflix profile to a different account, then you have to follow these steps.
How to Use Netflix’s Profile Transfer Feature
- Open Netflix in a web browser.
- Sign in to the account that contains the profile you want to start a new account with.
- Now go to the account page in the Netflix account you have opened.
- Next, go to the Profile and Parental Controls section in the official Netflix website.
- Next, select the profile with which you want to start a new account.
- In the Transfer Profile section, select Transfer Link.
- Enter the email address and password you want to use for the new Netflix account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to set up a new account.
- Netflix also said that users will always be in control of their accounts and can turn off profile transfers on the app and on the web by signing in to their accounts. Apart from this, the company had announced that it will roll out the ‘Basic with Ads’ streaming plan on November 3 in many countries.