New Delhi: Shubman Gill became the youngest batter to scored the double ton in One Day International (ODI) format. The 23-year old batter smashed his maiden double century against New Zealand at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad.
Gill opened the innings for men in blue along side skipper Rohit Sharma, and reached his century at 30th over of the first innings. Shubman continued his destruction with bat from series against Sri Lanka.
Here to rule, Shubman Gill. pic.twitter.com/xugAPVhVFv
— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) January 18, 2023
Became the fifth and eighth overall play to score 200
Shubman Gill became the fifth Indian player who reached double ton milestone, after Sachin Tendulkar, Virendra Sehwag, Rohit Sharma, Ishan Kishan. He scored 208 off 149 deliveries before getting out on the hands of Henry Shipley. In his whole innings he smashed 19 boundaries and 9 maximum at the strike rate of 139.60.
This also happens to be the highest individual score for India in ODIs against the Kiwis.
— Megapspk🚨 (@Megapspk1) January 18, 2023
Batters who scored 200
- Rohit Sharma (India): 264
- Martin Guptill (New Zealand):237*
- Virendra Sehwag (India): 219
- Chris Gayle (West Indies): 214
- Fakhar Zaman (Pakistan): 210*
- Ishan Kishan (India): 210
- Rohit Sharma (India): 209
- Rohit Sharma (India):208*
- Shubman Gill (India): 208
- Sachin Tendulkar (India) :200*
Read More :- Latest Sports News