weather_iconDublin | 11.22 °C | AQI 38
4 April, 2025, Friday

---Advertisement---

Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo Confirms Commitment To Al-Nassr, Rules Out January Move Ahead Of 40th Birthday

Cristiano Ronaldo has now fixed his position not to leave Al-Nassr during the January transfer window

Cristiano Ronaldo has now fixed his position not to leave Al-Nassr during the January transfer window, regardless of his contract worth £177 million a year in the Saudi Pro League nearing its expiration date. The Portuguese forward, who signed a record-breaking contract earlier in 2023, has confirmed that he does not intend to break it and plans to fulfill the remainder of the contract expiring in summer.

Ronaldo’s Focus Remains On Al-Nassr Ahead Of 40th Birthday

He is not gone. Ronaldo did not fuel speculation about returning to Europe before turning 40 years of age on February 5. Even as rumors started buzzing hinting that the Portuguese star was looking for perhaps a new challenge back on the continent, Ronaldo said his focus was only on Al-Nassr. On one hand, he has signed a £177 million contract set to expire in the summer, and on the other hand, before heading toward this important milestone age, the legendary forward is keeping his options open on the possible move.

---Advertisement---

Ronaldo Expresses Contentment With Life At Al-Nassr

Ronaldo has revealed that he is happy with his life at Al-Nassr, with respect to himself and his family. In conversation with the Saudi Pro League official media, he stated how both football and his life are becoming better and adopted to the new life in the country. He confessed that the team has seen different sides of facing the top teams in the league, Al-Hilal and Al-Ittihad, but the team is still improving. He said professionalism comes with showing respect to the club and contract and having a belief that things can only get better as Al-Nassr continues to fight for more titles.

Also Read: AC Milan Clinch Thrilling 3-2 Victory Over Inter Milan In 2024-2025 Italian Supercoppa Final

---Advertisement---

Ronaldo’s Determination To Add Titles To Al-Nassr Legacy

Regardless of his ever-shooting sharpness in scoring for Al-Nassr, Ronaldo has yet to touch a major trophy since joining the team. The great striker, however, is looking forward to adding more silverware with his major target being the AFC Champions League. Ronaldo insists on staying professional and pushing for success because ultimately, he bows to help Al-Nassr win more trophies. Next, Al-Nassr would be letting their players face Al-Wasl in the Champions League on February 3, with five more Saudi Pro League clashes to play beforehand because Ronaldo and his teammates would be coming back from winter break.

---Advertisement---

HISTORY

Written By

news24desk


Get Breaking News First and Latest Updates from India and around the world on News24. Follow News24 on Facebook, Twitter.

Related Story

Live News

---Advertisement---


live

Lucknow Super Giants Vs Mumbai Indians Live Score And Updates: Half Century For Suryakumar

Apr 04, 2025
LSG Vs MI
  • 22:59 (IST) 4 Apr 2025

    LSG Vs MI Live Score And Updates: Highlight

N24 Shorts Logo

SHORTS

Hardik Pandya took 5 wickets against LSG
Sports

LSG Vs MI: Hardik Pandya Surpasses Anil Kumble And Ravichandran Ashwin In THIS Milestone With His 5-Wicket Hall

During his 4-over spell Hardik Pandya achieved 5 wickets along with 36 runs which turned out to be vital for the match outcome.

View All Shorts

---Advertisement---

Trending