Dev Uthani Ekadashi 2022: Dev Uthani Ekadashi (or Devotthan Gyaras) will be celebrated on 4 November this year. This day is especially dedicated to Lord Vishnu. According to astrology and religious beliefs, if the worship of Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi is recited on Devuthani Ekadashi, then they get infinite results and good luck.’
In Hinduism, Lord Vishnu falls asleep on Devshayani Ekadashi, after which all auspicious works are stopped. With the re-awakening of Lord Vishnu on Devuthani Ekadashi, once again all auspicious work starts. You can also wake up your destiny by taking some easy measures on this day and get rid of whatever troubles are coming in your life. Know about some such remedies
- On this day, after retiring from bath etc. early in the morning, wear yellow clothes and go to the temple of Lord Vishnu and offer him a garland of yellow flowers, offer yellow colored prasad and while sitting there chant the Mahamantra of Lord Shri Hari, Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudevaya. . In the end, by donating sweets, clothes etc. to the poor according to your reverence, pray to God to fulfill your wish.
- On the day of Devuthani Ekadashi, one should take bath with two drops of Gangajal in a bucket of water in the morning and after that chanting Gayatri Mantra brings good health and gets rid of upper obstacles.
- On the day of Devuthani Ekadashi, offer water to a peepal or banyan tree in the morning and light a ghee lamp in the evening. By doing this the debt of the person is removed and money starts coming in the house.
Rules of Devuthani Ekadashi fasting
- Leave the bed on Brahma Muhurta on the day of Devuthani Ekadashi. Take a bath by adding Gangajal and a pinch of turmeric to the water. After that fold hands in front of Lord Vishnu.
- Take a vow to fast. Salt should not be used on Ekadashi. Keep fast by staying waterless or eating fruit.
- In the evening, wake up the Lord from sleep with bhajans. After that offer worship with complete rituals. In the courtyard of the house, make a rangoli from lime and ocher, make a pavilion from sugarcane and worship the Shaligram form of Lord Vishnu and Tulsi Mata.
- If you are fasting, chant Om Guruve Namah in your mind whenever you get a chance. Don’t do anything bad. Make an ear that hurts someone. Follow celibacy.
- By chanting Jagran and Bhajan Kirtan on the night of Ekadashi, one gets immense grace of God. Chant the mantras. On the next day, after taking bath etc., give charity to any Brahmin or needy according to your ability. After that break the fast.