A sensational disclosure has been made about the last days of Donald Trump's reign as US president. The top general of the US military feared that Donald Trump may order a strike on China and had assured his Chinese counterpart that he will sound a prior warning in case of such an eventuality.
Washington: A sensational disclosure has been made about the last days of Donald Trump's reign as US president. The top general of the US military feared that Donald Trump may order a strike on China and had assured his Chinese counterpart that he will sound a prior warning in case of such an eventuality.
US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Mark Milley had feared that in view of the threat of defeat of the then President Donald Trump in the US election, there was a possibility of attack on China.
Not only this, America's top general also called his Chinese counterpart twice, just before and after the presidential election. It is being said that the US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Mark Milley, called General Li Xuocheng of the Chinese Army for the first time on October 30, 2020.
The Washington Post has revealed that General Mark Milley called just 4 days before the presidential election and again on January 8. General Millie feared that Trump might wage war with China just before the election and after the election defeat. Earlier on January 6, supporters of Trump had fierce violence outside the US Parliament. During their conversation, General Milley assured his Chinese counterpart that there was stability in the US and they were not going to attack.
US General told deputies to defy Donald Trumps' orders
The CNN reported that General Mark Milley had convened a secret meting with his deputies, including the head of the US nuclear command and told them not to act on orders to launch a strike, even if those orders came from then US president Donald Trump himself.
'Even if China is attacked, they will alert in advance'
General Milley also said that even if there was an attack on China, he would already alert his Chinese counterpart. The Washington Post has given this report based on the book 'Peril' by two journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa. The book is based on conversations with 200 sources and is to be released next week. On the other hand, Donald Trump has expressed doubts over this news and said that it is 'fictitious'.
Donald Trump said that if this news were true, then General Millie should be tried for treason.
"Let me say for proof that I never thought of attacking China," Donald Trump said.
On the other hand, General Milley's office has not responded to the claim made regarding the phone call. Meanwhile, Republican Senator Marco Rubio has urged President Joe Biden to immediately sack General Milley.