Kabul, (Diksha Kumari): Just before the US- Taliban talks a rocket attack in Kabul, the Afghan Capital, has killed at least eight people and injured 30 others.
Officials of the interior ministry have said that about twenty mortars (rockets) were fire from two cars in a residential area of Kabul on Saturday morning.
Many building and vehicles are also reported to be damaged in this attack. At the same time, the Taliban has denied being behind of this attack.
US secretary of State Mike Pompeo is scheduled to meet Taliban negotiators in Doha so that peace talks can be resumed.
Earlier this week, the outgoing Trump administration announced plans to withdraw 2,000 US troops from Afghanistan by mid- January 2021.
This decision of the US administration was criticized saying that the rapid reduction of US troops could increase the difficulties of the Afghan government, in which case the ability of the Afghan government to deal with the Taliban and other extremists would be weekend.
Many analysts fear that the Afghan army is not strong enough to fight its own after foreign troops leave.
More than 30 people are reported injured in the attack.
Taliban Denied on the attack:
The attack on Saturday targeted central and northern Kabul where some embassies are located and offices of some international companies.
The Iranian embassy in Kabul has said that some parts of the mortar also fell on their premises, but no one was injured in the attack.
· Afghanistan: Suicide attack on educational institute; 18 people died
· Attack on France’s church; the attackers came from Tunisia a few days ago.
After the Taliban refused, another regional Islamic group is suspected of being behind the attack.
This Islamic group recently agreed to participate in the attacks in the city of Kabul. A few weeks ago, the group attacked an educational institution in which at least 50 people were killed.