WhatsApp to add these super features
WhatsApp had gone through a long journey to become simple chat app to most popularly used messaging app. The company had been making many changes in order to make it more reliable and more interesting to connect people with their family and friends. Zuckerberg recently held an F8 2018 conference to announce some big features that will be added to Facebook and WhatsApp. Here're some of the features that have been recently added or are on cards for WhatsApp: WhatsApp Group catch up feature, WhatsApp Chat filters
New Delhi, May 16: WhatsApp had gone through a long journey to become simple chat app to most popularly used messaging app. The company had been making many changes in order to make it more reliable and more interesting to connect people with their family and friends.
Zuckerberg recently held an F8 2018 conference to announce some big features that will be added to Facebook and WhatsApp.
Here're some of the features that have been recently added or are on cards for WhatsApp:
1. WhatsApp will add a new Group catch up feature allowing users to get a quick update with messages they might have missed from a group. After this update users can quickly catch up messages that mention or reply to them by tapping on a new @ button that will appear at the bottom right corner of the chat.
Apart from this, users will also get a participant search feature allowing them to find anyone in a group by searching for participants on the group info page.
2. Chat filters: In upcoming updates, WhatsApp will allow its users to search any keyword within a chat. This search filter can be used to find a particular word from unread messages, broadcast messages or groups using a set of filters. However, some reports also suggest that this feature will be restricted to WhatsApp business.
3. Age Ban: In upcoming weeks users will be asked to confirm if they are at least 16 and then agree to the new terms of service and privacy rules. But the question is how will the app actually check with the limited data given by the users.
While Facebook has a separate data policy and taking a different approach to teens aged between 13 and 15 in order to match with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law.
However, it is not yet confirmed if this feature will go global.
4. Ability to watch Instagram and FB video in WhatsApp: In upcoming update WhatsApp will allow users play Instagram and Facebook videos within the chatting app. So now users don't have to leave the app in order to play the Facebook/ Instagram videos like it was before. WhatsApp had already allowed its users to play YouTube videos within the app.
The important thing to note here is that the new function to play the videos within chat app is part of latest WhatsApp iOS update while Android users still have to wait a bit long for this.
5. Restrict groups: Earlier WhatsApp is rolled out its "Restrict Group" for all iOS, Android and Windows Phone users -- a feature that gives the group administrator powers to restrict other members from sending text messages, photographs, videos, GIFs, documents or voice messages in case the admin thinks so.According to WABetaInfo, a popular fan site that tests new WhatsApp features early, you need to update your WhatsApp version to the 2.18.132 Android update in order to remotely receive the activation of the feature.The "Restrict Group" feature, first spotted in last December, adds "Privacy settings" in the group."All participants can normally edit the group description, icon and subject, but finally the administrator can restrict this feature today, preventing no-administrators to modify the group description," the website said.This action can be managed in the Admin Settings, a new option located in Group Info that's visible to the administrator only.In Admin Settings, the administrator can restrict who can change the group info.Administrators can keep sharing media and chatting as normal as they restrict other members.Once restricted, other members will simply have to read their messages and will not be able to respond.They will have to use the "Message Admin" button to post a message or share media to the group. The message will need to be approved by the administrator before going through to the rest of the group.
6. Request Info: Users can request for data that WhatsApp keeps like profile photo age status or other info
7. iOS Business app: WhatsApp Business is already available for Android users and soon will be introduced for iOS users. WhatsApp Business is company's business app that connects businesses and customers.
With IANS/ News24 Bureau Inputs