New Delhi, Nov 1: Shah Rukh Khan turns 53 tomorrow. The country's biggest Bollywood star has achieved a lot in his career, and that 'lot' is astronomical. Coming from a middle-class background in Delhi, it is mind-boggling to think what he has achieved in his two-and-a-half decade-long career.
Many stars have come and gone and many new kids have arrived on the block. But toppling SRK as the king of uninhibited romance in Bollywood is not an easy task.
Last year(2015) Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan was awarded an honorary doctorate from the United Kingdom's University of Edinburgh on October 15, for his great contribution to cinema and his benevolent work.
After receiving the honor, King Khan showered a speech on the students of the University making them learn about life lessons.
Here are some top quotes SRK gave:
1. Madness (of the particularly nice/romantic kind) is an absolute prerequisite to a happy and successful life. There’s no such thing as “normal”. That’s just another word for lifeless.
2. Sometimes life’s gifts arrive wrapped in all the wrong damned wrapping too, at which point we have to learn to do two things with them: recognize them for what they are and gamble on our fear that they might be disasters.
3. It's OK to be confused. Confusion is the route to all the clarity in the world.
4. Even disasters eventually resolve themselves. Give life the space to move at its own.
5. Don't let your fears become boxes that enclose you. Open them out; I promise you, nothing will go wrong. But if you live by your fears, everything that can possibly go wrong will go wrong and you won't even have done the 'Funky Chicken'.
6. If you aren't charged up about doing something, if you don't have what in Hindi we call the "Josh", the fire in your belly for it, then don't do it.
7. Chak De India taught me that whatever it is that is pulling you back, its not going away unless you stand up and start forging your own path with all your might in the opposite direction. Stop whining and start moving.
8. Study hard. Work hard. Play harder. Don't be bound by rules, don't hurt anybody and never ever live somebody else's dream.
9. Hindi filmon ki tarah life mein bhi, anth mein sab kuch theek ho jaata hai. Aur agar na ho, toh woh anth nahi hai...picture abhi baaki hai mere doston.
10. Live now, live today -don't be bound by rules, live your own dream.
Picture source: Internet