New Delhi, April 23: Voting began on Tuesday across 117 Lok Sabha constituencies spread over 15 states and Union Territories as the third - and largest - phase of the mega seven-phase electoral exercise kicked off.A total of 117 seats across 14 states were slated to see voting in the phase including polling in the first of the staggered polling in Jammu and Kashmir's Anantnag constituency. Voting also began in Tripura East, which was slated in the second phase of polling on April 18 but was deferred by the Election Commission to the third phase on security concerns
-Estimated voter turnout till now for the 3rd phase of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 is 51.15%. Voting for 116 parliamentary constituencies across 13 states and 2 union territories is being held today.
- Samajwadi Party leader and SP-BSP-RLD candidate from Rampur, Azam Khan, and his son Abdullah Azam Khan, cast their vote at a polling station in the district
- Assam: Former Prime Minister of India, Dr Manmohan Singh leaves after casting his vote at a polling booth in Dispur.
-PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti casts her vote at polling booth number-37D in Bijbehara area of Anantnag district in J&K
- Estimated voter turnout till now for the 3rd phase of polling is 37.89%
- Nitin Patel, deputy CM voted at his hometown Kadi in Gujarat.
- Voting for the third phase of Lok Sabha polls in seven Lok Sabha constituencies of Chhattisgarh in Raipur, Durg, Bilaspur, Korba, Janjgir-Champa (SC), Surguja (ST) and Raigarh (ST) began amid tight security at 7am. Around 12.08 per cent voting has been recorded till 9.30am
- Gujarat: Heeraben Modi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's mother casts her vote at a polling station in Raisan, Ahmedabad.
- Bharatiya Janata Party President Amit Shah on Tuesday voted at a polling booth in Sanghvi High School in Naranpura of Ahmedabad, a part of Gujarat's Gandhinagar Lok Sabha constituency where he is the party candidate.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi casts his vote at Nishan Higher Secondary School in Ranip, Ahmedabad.
- Today third phase of polling is underway, I am fortunate that I also got the opportunity to fulfill my duty in my home state of Gujarat. Like you feel pure after a holy dip in Kumbh, one feels pure after casting vote in this festival of democracy: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- I would request all the citizens to go and vote in large numbers. celebrate this festival, celebrate this festival: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi after casting his vote in Ahmedabad says, The weapon of terrorism is IED, the strength of democracy is voter ID. I can say with surety that the voter ID is much much more powerful than an IED, so we should understand the strength of our voter IDs.
-Prime Minister Narendra Modi met his mother at her residence in Gandhinagar today. He will cast his vote in Ahmedabad, shortly.
-Assam: Polling underway
Assam: Polling underway at polling booth number 155 in Lachit Nagar, Guwahati, in the third phase
-Bihar: Voters queue up in Supaul constituency to exercise their franchise
Visuals from polling booth number 151 in Supaul parliamentary constituency in Bihar where voting is yet to begin, currently mock poll is underway at the polling booth after a faulty EVM was replaced.
-PM Modi has arrived at his mother's home in Gujarat where he will casting his vote.
-Ahmedabad is geared up to welcome Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who will be casting his vote here today.